1. What is FRA SmartWay, and how does it work?
FRA SmartWay allows you to book your own personal time slot for selected security checkpoints at Frankfurt Airport. All you have to do is book a FRA SmartWay time slot. You will then receive an e-mail containing a QR code that you will use together with your boarding card at the agreed time to access the designated checkpoint. Using FRA SmartWay and having exclusive access to the security checkpoints will enable you to avoid lengthy waiting times and enjoy a stress-free stay.
2. How far in advance can I book a time slot?
You can book a FRA SmartWay time slot from as many as 72 hours prior to departure.
3. At what times can I use FRA SmartWay?
FRA SmartWay slots are available 7 days a week throughout most of the day. Please be aware that there are a limited number of slots available and they can get booked up quickly. We therefore recommend that you book as early as possible from 72 hours prior to your flight departure time. If the slots are all booked up for the time you have requested, you can use the general access lanes for the security checkpoint as usual.
4. How much does FRA SmartWay cost?
FRA SmartWay is a free service offered by Frankfurt Airport.
5. At which security checkpoints and respectively for which flights is FRA SmartWay available?
Currently, the following security controls are equipped and therefore the following flight events are possible:
- Terminal 1, area A (level 2): schengen flights
- Terminal 2, area B west (level 2): schengen and non-schengen flights
- Terminal 2, central control (level 2): schengen flights
To find out if your destination is part of the Schengen Agreement, click here.