- You can help reduce waiting times by leaving small items such as keys, cell phones, coins and travel documents in your coat or jacket.
- You do not have to remove your jewelry, watch or glasses.
- Liquids and electronic devices (e.g. tablets, e-books and laptops) are to be placed in a separate tray.
- If you are pregnant or if you have a heart pacemaker, shunt or catheter (e.g. for hydrocephalus) or a cochlear implant, please tell a member of the security staff before passing through the metal detector.
Screening of Passengers and Carry-On Luggage
Important information on security check procedures and prohibited items
- Please only bring one carry-on for the screening
- At the security checkpoint, you and your belongings are screened to make sure you aren't carrying any items that are prohibited by the guidelines of the EU or IATA. You can find more information here.
- Your luggage as well as your outerwear (e.g. coat or jacket) will be screened.
- Please check the current aviation security screening regulations due to covid-19.
- In these areas, you and your carry-on luggage are checked just before you enter the departure gate
- Please note that the special rules on carrying liquids and gels on board of the aircraft also apply in this case, including any purchased duty-free items.
- If you are unsure whether you are allowed to carry a certain item in your hand luggage, contact your airline before leaving home to find out. It is a good idea to obtain written confirmation from the airline that the item in question is permitted.
- If you are denied permission to carry an item through the checkpoint and there is enough time until your flight departs, you may leave it in your car, turn it over to the airline to be carried as checked luggage, or give it to someone who has accompanied you to the airport but is not flying.
- You can also have the objects placed in a special white bag at the checkpoint. In this case, you receive a claim slip that you can use to retrieve them after your return at one of the luggage storage offices (Baggage Storage) or arrange for them to be sent to you.
Please note that EU regulations may require transferring passengers to clear an additional security check in some parts of Frankfurt Airport.
Fast lanes at the security checkpoints
Faster to departure gate
Our Fast Lanes offer you a quick way to departure gate when time is tight.
If your flight is displayed on the Fast Lane display boards at the checkpoints, you may use the Fast Lanes. If you have any questions, our onsite service staff will be happy to assist you.
Fast Lanes are available in both terminals of Frankfurt Airport wherever passengers transfer from the non-Schengen to the Schengen area and vice versa.