Enjoy a relaxed travel from Frankfurt Airport to the most popular destinations in the world.
In order to give to effective assistance to make your vacation as convenient as possible we provide you with some valuable tips and advices for your travel arrangements, your arrival and departure, as well as some information about your stay at Frankfurt Airport. We wish you a pleasant stay and a safe journey!
- Check your passport’s validity!
- Please inquire abbot your airline’s luggage regulations as those may vary depending on your airline
- Please note the valid regulations and restrictions for carry-on luggage. We recommend that you take as less items as possible with you.
- Note the rules for dangerous goods as well. Power banks and e-cigarettes must not be carried in your carry-on luggage but in your regular luggage.
Arrival at Frankfurt Airport
- In the summer travel season, you should allow 2 to 3 hours for security and passport control.
- If possible use the public transportation
- If you arrive by car we recommend that you book your parking lot in advance.
Check-In & Luggage
- Use the check-in options online or check-in the night before if possible. Moreover, the airport provides several check-in machines and baggage drop off counters.
- After you checked-in we recommend that you go quickly to the security and passport control.
- While you are waiting at the security and passport control you may prepare yourself for the passenger screening by removing laptops, smartphones and any other electronic devices from your carry-on items. The latter mentioned items have to be put into a distinct plastic tub.
- Liquids and gels carried in your hand luggage must be carried in a transparent, and resealable plastic bag with a capacity of no more than one liter. The containers' volumes must not exceed 100 milliliters. Every passenger is permitted to carry one of these bags with him/her.
- Baby foods and liquid medicines are permitted to be carried on top, however, they must be carried in a separate transparent and resealable plastic bag.
- Use the fully automatized passport control EasyPass.
- Please pay attention to the information displayed on the monitors as gate changes might occur.
Passing time at Frankfurt Airport
- After the security and passport control you can enjoy a diverse range of activities before your departure. There are free services such as the Movie World, Gaming World, Yoga Rooms, an Entertainment Gate or the Roof Top Terrace in terminal 1, Lounges, Playgrounds for children and even various shopping and restaurants offers.
Additional information and advices can be found in the the Download Center.