For spontaneous visitors who like to be flexible (45 minutes)
Between January 3 and April 30, 2020, due to construction work it will be necessary to move the entrance to the security check for the airport tours.
To prevent delays, please be at the meeting place listed in your booking confirmation at least 30 minutes beforehand.
We thank you for your understanding!
Do you make decisions on the spur of the moment? If so, this tour lets you spontaneously "take off" and explore the most important parts of the apron in a bus.
Details on the Starter Tour
Business hours/service times
|Monday to Friday||1 and 3 p.m.|
|On weekends and public holidays in Hesse||11 a.m, 12 noon, 1 p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m., 4 p.m.|
|Tour departure times may be changed at any time if required by airport operations.|
(when presenting proof of status: children aged 4-7, students and trainees, senior citizens aged 65 or more, disabled persons and their authorized escorts)
|Year pass (for an unlimited number of tours on 365 days)||€42|
|Children under 4 (with no guarantee of a seat)||free|
- You can purchase tickets in Terminal 1, Concourse C, Level 2 (departure). Please follow the sign "FRA Airport Tours & Shop". Our opening hours are daily from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- We kindly ask you to be at the meeting point listed in your booking confirmation 30 minutes before tour departure
- All tours booked via the Online-Shop are available in German only.
- Physically challenged persons are also welcome on our tours. However, please contact our booking office beforehand on a weekday.
- Please make sure you meet the visa requirements for leaving the airport’s transit zone.
Excursions to the Airport: How to Get There
Our recommendation: take public transportation
Frankfurt Airport tends to be very busy on weekends, holidays, and during school vacations. The availability of parking spaces can therefore be limited. We advise visitors to use public transportation for getting to and from the airport. There are excellent bus and train connections from downtown Frankfurt and the surrounding region. If you have a Frankfurt Card or RheinMainCard, you’re entitled to discounts.
Pedal Your Way
Alternatively, you can cycle and get exercise while enjoying the countryside. Frankfurt Airport is integrated in the region’s dense network of scenic bike paths. Useful information and tips for getting there by bicycle are available in the Hesse Cycling Route Planner and this map (both only available in German). Along the way, you can stop at points close to the runways for a unique view of planes taxiing, landing and taking off.