This checklist will help you avoid unpleasant surprising during or after your flight.
- The permitted size of checked and carry-on bags, weight allowances and rules and charges for excess luggage vary depending on the airline, destination and seat class.
- Don't take any sharp, pointed or dangerous items, especially not in your carry-on luggage.
- Keep your ticket, a valid passport or ID, and (if required) your visa handy.
- Charge your camera and mobile phone beforehand and take extra batteries.
- Obtain an appropriate plug adapter for the country you will be visiting.
- Obtain a small amount of local currency in advance for taxis, public transportation and tips.
- Make sure that your house plants, pets and home will be cared for you are gone. You may want to give a friend or neighbor an extra key.
- If you plan to take any animals with you, contact the airline prior to booking the flight.