A considerable number of large multinational and foreign companies have already begun operating there, having been convinced by the site's many advantages.
At Home in Gateway Gardens
- LSG Sky Chefs (airline catering) on 55,000 sq.m (with 2,400 employees)
- Park Inn by Radisson, with 209 rooms, since July 1, 2012
- Meininger Hotel Frankfurt/Main Airport, with 168 rooms, since January 2012
- Imtech Deutschland, which provides technical equipment for buildings, has established new headquarters in Amelia-Mary-Earhart-Strasse on a lot 4,300 sq.m in size.
- In May 2012, the SunExpress airline also opened its German head office in the Imtech building.
- In April 2012, Condor Flugdienst GmbH occupied about 10,000 sq.m of rental space and a parking structure with about 700 spaces. In addition, the business auditing and tax consultancy company Schiff-Martini & Cie GmbH has been using the 6th floor of the Condor building since June 1, 2012.
- HOYA Surgical Optics EMEA moved its European headquarters to the Condor building in June 2013.
- Alpha Rotex: DB Schenker, the transportation and logistics division of Deutsche Bahn, has concentrated the management and supervisory functions for its international transportation and logistics activities in the Alpha Rotex. It has created up to 450 workplaces on around 11,800 sq.m of rental space.
Further tenants are: HCS Group, WELLDONE AGENCY GROUP and MHP – A Porsche Company.
This striking triangular office building located at the western edge of the area near Terminal 2 was built by Gross & Partner and OFB Projektentwicklung based on plans drawn up by the renowned architectural office Jo. Franzke Architekten.
With a height of about 68 meters, it is the tallest structure at Frankfurt Airport and provides an urban accent. The building’s wings wind around the core of the structure and shift their orientation by 120 degrees from the eight floor upward. The wings can be flexibly subdivided to create office units. They are supplemented by a spacious winter garden, a restaurant for employees, and a conference zone on the ground floor. It was completed in the spring of 2013.
- The HCS Group (Haltermann GmbH) has also moved into the Alpha Rotex building, occupying about 1,000 sq.m.
- The “House of Logistic and Mobility” (Holm) with 17,000 sq.m of floor space provides an ideal venue for scientists, universities, companies, and associations to collaborate in coming up with innovative new ideas for sustainable logistics and mobility.
- The “Element” aparthotel of Starwood Hotel & Resorts, with 133 rooms, opened in August 2014.
- „Moxy“ Hotel (Marriott-Group): start of construction in 2015
- Hotels Holiday Inn will be finished in 2016
Image Copyright: Grundstücksgesellschaft Gateway Gardens GmbH