Frankfurt and the entire Rhine-Main Region constitute one of the most important metropolitan regions in Europe, characterized by incredible economic power and a highly diversified mix of industries.
Openness to the world, economic power, outstanding infrastructure and an ideal location in the middle of Europe lend it an unmistakable profile.
• A long list of high-tech companies and research institutions are based in the region, giving it outstanding future prospects in today's knowledge-driven world.
• Frankfurt has more jobs per square kilometer than anywhere else in Germany.
• About 38 million people live within a radius of 200 kilometers. Frankfurt’s catchment area is therefore more populous than that of London, Paris, Amsterdam, or Madrid.
• Some 5.5 million people from 195 nations live in the Frankfurt/Rhine-Main Region.
• The European Central Bank, many German and international banks, and the Frankfurt Exhibition Grounds are all based in Frankfurt.
Companies of all industries benefit from these excellent site conditions, with a living and working environment that is closely attuned to the pulse of the times.
The Frankfurt/Rhine-Main Region in Figures:
• Metropolitan area with more than 5.7 million inhabitants
• Over 2 million employed people
• Gross domestic product of about 118,387 euros per employed person
(Source: www.region-frankfurt.de, figures valid as of 2015)