Your view of the construction site
Would you like to get an exclusive glimpse of one of the largest privately funded construction projects in Europe? If so, we’d like to invite you to accompany us on our new T3 Tour and watch the work on the advanced airport terminal from up close.
In addition to the usual highlights of a Maxi Tour, you’re taken close to the construction site in the south of Frankfurt Airport. In good weather, you’ll even have the chance to get out of the bus and watch the activity from a special platform.
During the T3 Tour, your guide gives you a steady stream of fascinating information on the terminal, which will set new standards with its capacity and architecture. You’ll learn details of why it is being built, the various construction phases and associated infrastructure, and future developments.
For safety reasons, it’s important for you to wear sturdy shoes with flat soles (no high heels) on the tour.
Details on the Terminal 3 Tour
|Minimum price (for groups of up to 24 persons)||€375
- Please use the reservation request for groups over 25 people.
- Group reservations must be requested at least three weeks in advance.
- We kindly ask you to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before tour departure
- This tour is not suitable for physically challenged persons.
- The minimum age is 16; all participants must carry a valid ID.
- Discounts are not eligible for this tour – all passengers pay the same price.
- For safety reasons, it’s important for passengers to wear sturdy shoes with flat soles (no high heels) on the tour.
- In case of bad weather, passengers can not exit the bus at the construction site.
- Tour departure times may be changed at any time if required by airport operations.
Did you enjoy the tour or do you have any suggestions? Please let us know!
If you have questions, feel free to contact us
Phone: +49 (0)69 690 - 70291
Fax: +49 (0)69 690 - 53341
Excursions to the Airport: How to Get There
Our recommendation: take public transportation
Frankfurt Airport tends to be very busy on weekends, holidays, and during school vacations. The availability of parking spaces can therefore be limited. We advise visitors to use public transportation for getting to and from the airport. There are excellent bus and train connections from downtown Frankfurt and the surrounding region. If you have a Frankfurt Card or RheinMainCard, you’re entitled to discounts.
When arriving by train, please note that rail service alterations will be in place from October to December. Detailed information on changed train schedules are available at the websites of Deutsche Bahn at www.bahn.com and the RMV regional transit authority at www.rmv.de
Pedal Your Way
Alternatively, you can cycle and get exercise while enjoying the countryside. Frankfurt Airport is integrated in the region’s dense network of scenic bike paths. Useful information and tips for getting there by bicycle are available in the Hesse Cycling Route Planner and this map (both only available in German). Along the way, you can stop at points close to the runways for a unique view of planes taxiing, landing and taking off.