Satisfy the curiosity of your "inner fireman" (105 minutes)
Would you like to learn how the fire department of a major airport – an essential service – works? If so, this is your chance! You get out of the tour bus at one of the fire stations to see the huge fire trucks up close while an expert explains everything.
The Fire Department Tour also takes you to all the other interesting parts of the airport: ground handling at the terminals and on the apron, the Airbus A380 hangar, CargoCity North and South, and the site of the future Terminal 3.
|Minimum price (for groups of up to 24 persons)|| €425
- The minimum age is 16; all participants must carry a valid ID.
- This tour is not suitable for wheelchair users.
- We kindly ask you to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before tour departure
- All tours booked via the Online-Shop are available in German only.
- For groups and clubs, a reservation request is recommended.
- Persons with limited mobility are also welcome on our tours. Please let our booking office know in advance (on a weekday).
- Please make sure you meet the visa requirements for leaving the airport’s transit zone.
- Tour departure times may be changed at any time if required by airport operations.
- Individual bookings: Click here to get to the website of Frankfurt Stadtevents and book the Fire Department Tour, now!
Did you enjoy the tour or do you have any suggestions? Please let us know!
If you have questions, feel free to contact us
Phone: +49 (0)69 690 - 70291
Fax: +49 (0)69 690 - 53341
Excursions to the Airport: How to Get There
Our recommendation: take public transportation
Frankfurt Airport tends to be very busy on weekends, holidays, and during school vacations. The availability of parking spaces can therefore be limited. We advise visitors to use public transportation for getting to and from the airport. There are excellent bus and train connections from downtown Frankfurt and the surrounding region. If you have a Frankfurt Card or RheinMainCard, you’re entitled to discounts.
When arriving by train, please note that rail service alterations will be in place from October to December. Detailed information on changed train schedules are available at the websites of Deutsche Bahn at www.bahn.com and the RMV regional transit authority at www.rmv.de
Pedal Your Way
Alternatively, you can cycle and get exercise while enjoying the countryside. Frankfurt Airport is integrated in the region’s dense network of scenic bike paths. Useful information and tips for getting there by bicycle are available in the Hesse Cycling Route Planner and this map (both only available in German). Along the way, you can stop at points close to the runways for a unique view of planes taxiing, landing and taking off.
Our tip for you
You are also welcome to book our combination package, including an overnight stay in a hotel, a tour of the airport fire department, and a tour of Frankfurt at Tourismus und Congress GmbH Frankfurt (TCF).