7 Tips for a Relaxed and Healthy Flight
We would like to make a few recommendations to help you cope better with the stress of long flights:
Drink plenty of liquid during the flight. The relatively low humidity on board the aircraft cause your skin and body to dehydrate faster. Fruit juices (without added sugar) and water are best.
• Avoid alcoholic beverages. Alcohol dilates the blood vessels and may cause your legs to swell faster.
• Get up out of your seat and take a few steps as often as you can. This will help your blood circulate.
• Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing.
• Wear glasses instead of contact lenses to prevent inflammation.
• Take an aspirin or other appropriate medication (consult your physician) to reduce the risk of thrombosis.
• Don't eat fatty foods. Also avoid coffee, black tea, cola, and alcoholic beverages, because these cause your body to lose more liquid than they supply