Catholic airport chaplaincy
Focal points of our work
- Chaplaincy for travellers and airport employees
- Chaplaincy for refugees, support in deportation monitoring
- Pastoral care in emergencies
- Social service
Dear travellers and employees,
the Catholic airport chaplaincy invites you to church services and to spend time in the chapel. You are very welcome here!
You can enter your personal prayer requests or petitions at any time in the chapel on the sheets reserved for this purpose in the entrance area or send them to us by e-mail or telephone.
During Sunday services, we pray for former airport employees who have passed away. In addition, the team is available during office hours or before each weekend service. You are also invited to receive the sacrament of reconciliation.
Currently, the number of participants in the service is limited to four people due to protection and hygiene measures. If necessary, it may be useful to make an appointment by e-mail or by calling the phone number below.
- Monday to Friday at 9:00 a.m.
- Saturday at 5:30 p.m.
- Sundays and holidays at 10:00 a.m.
Catholic mass and holy communion
Furthermore, you also have the opportunity to attend a Catholic Mass and receive Communion with us. The services are usually celebrated in German language. In the case of larger foreign-language groups, it is possible to celebrate part of the mass in English. Feel free to speak to the priest before mass.
Where to find us
You will find the ecumenical chapel right next to our office in Terminal 1, on the gallery in Departure Hall B.
There are also prayer rooms available for passengers in the transit areas:
- Terminal 1 prayer room in transit area B
- Terminal 2 prayer room in transit area D
Services for groups
Registered groups have the opportunity to use the chapel for their own devotions and church services. We are also available to airport visitors who would like information about the airport chaplaincy. Please inform us in advance:
- when you would like to use the chapel,
- whether you would like to bring your own priest or would like the airport chaplain,
- whether you need access to the sacristy and mass utensils.
The volunteers of the Catholic airport chaplaincy are available to you as contact persons in addition to our full-time staff. If you would like to volunteer at the airport chaplaincy, please contact us.
- Monday to Friday 09:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday 09:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
P. Edward Fröhling SAC
P. Stephen Michael CMF
Telefon: +49 (0)69 690-50611